Saturday 3 January 2009

How to...


I am strong believer in 'how to' books because I believe in finding out how successful people got things done and imitating. I have loads of them though they are not all titled 'how to':
  • 7 habits of highly effective people
  • How to win friends and influence people
  • Dealing with people you can't stand
  • The positive woman
  • feel the fear and do it anyway
  • Decisions of daring achievers
  • Personality Plus
  • Mars and Venus
  • Rich Dad Poor Dad -one my favourites, etc etc
Most of them are useful however there have been some pretty useless ones which I have discarded (When I have compiled the list I will tell you)!
My next planned investment in a 'how to' book is one titled 'Breaking Into and Succeeding as a Natural, Organic and Mineral Cosmetics Maker'. It apparently is going to tell me all I need to know about starting my own organic line and help me consider the things that are important. Unfortunately this e-book has no review whatsoever, which I find quite distressing as it costs $98. Ordinarily I would not have cared but given the UK economic recession, this book currently equates to ~£70. Am I willing to spend that amount of money on a book which could potentially be useless?
But then again, I don't want to make mistakes and this might be the £70 that will make HRP a success. The book is only 87 pages so it's not like its an encyclopaedia or something. I have reviewed the authors and none of them is a make-up artist but they are all apparently gurus in researching the field.
If I do spend the equivalent of 2 pairs of shoes on this book, I will be nice and give a review and some hints here and there but for now, to buy or not to buy?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Kimberly Stewart's "Classic Elegance" kit.